You’re reading Seven Ways Keeping a Journal Can Help Your Career, originally posted on Pick the Brain | Motivation and Self Improvement. If you’re enjoying this, please visit our site for more inspirational articles.
Keeping a journal might seem childish, but you’d be surprised to find out about the help it can offer you during a period of struggle. An intimate journal is meant to keep a record of your daily activities as well as serve as a way to express your feelings. Therefore, this could be helpful for your job, especially when you’re encountering issues that are hard to deal with. In other words, you should quickly go and grab the nearest notebook and start writing your thoughts down, as this can help you in various ways. Read on to find out more!
- Listing Advice. Whether you’re dealing with people with a long history in your area of expertise or just anyone in the same field, you’ve most likely received feedback and advice at one point. No matter if it’s good or bad feedback, it’s always important to remember it and take it with a grain of salt. It’s not meant to bring you down, but rather to teach you something that may be of use in the future.
That being said, listing this advice down in a journal will make it easier for you to remember it or look for it whenever you encounter similar situations. Advice can be influential for the rest of your career, which is why you shouldn’t forget it.
- Showing Gratitude. It’s not a surprise that a person’s daily life is not as perfect as he/she wants it to be, and problems may arise at any time. However, when you only focus on the bad things, that’s not really going to help.
With a journal, you have the opportunity to focus on the positive things in your life. Some studies have shown that being grateful on a daily basis can bring you a lot of happiness. As such, listing down the things you are grateful for that day will only have benefits in your life and career.
- Venting. Let’s be honest: Work can be very stressful and annoying, and at certain times, you wish you could leave somewhere far away and forget about everyone and everything. When you got yelled at by a client, a superior or you just got critiqued harshly for a mistake, all you want to do is lay your head on someone’s shoulder.
When you feel like there’s nobody to talk to, a journal can be a perfect ally. You don’t have to hold yourself from saying anything, as it’s only you and the journal. In other words, it will be easier to take it off your chest. You can vent, be as honest and harsh as you want, and it will all feel much better in the end.
- Learning Your Lessons. At work, you can have both good and bad experiences, and regardless of the outcome, there is something to learn from them. You can write down what happened, how you handled the situation, and what you can do from that point on to become better in the future. This will definitely improve your career.
- Write About Your Goals. What are you trying to accomplish with your job? It’s essential to know what your aim is regarding your career, but sometimes it’s hard to think about it. Trying to figure out your goals will help you know yourself better. You’ll also find out if you’re on the right path or not.
- It Helps You Stay Focused. When your mind is full of thoughts, it’s hard to concentrate, especially if the thoughts are negative. It seems that whatever you do to send them away, they won’t leave.
Thankfully, you can find help in your journal. You can simply write down what’s bothering you, and once the thoughts are out, your mind will be able to keep its focus on what’s important. As a result, you will have a better work performance.
- Write Down Brilliant Ideas. Have you ever found yourself having an amazing idea, but you immediately forgot it? This happens quite often, and when it’s work-related, it can be even more frustrating, especially if it could’ve been revolutionary.
By using a journal, you can quickly write your ideas and go back to them whenever you need. It’s a great way to ensure that you don’t forget everything and that you can put your ideas in practice.
Final Thoughts. When you need to stay focused and improve your memory, a journal is there to help you. In addition to using nootropic ingredients, writing down your thoughts, ideas, issues, and more will give a boost to your career as well as your personal life.
You’ve read Seven Ways Keeping a Journal Can Help Your Career, originally posted on Pick the Brain | Motivation and Self Improvement. If you’ve enjoyed this, please visit our site for more inspirational articles.